The Bodleian holds most of the papers from Barfield’s study. The collection includes literary manuscripts, working notes, appointment diaries, extensive correspondence with friends, colleagues and students, correspondence with his publishers, family photographs, and publications. There are also some papers of close family members and friends. The archive was first opened in 2010.
Contains books and articles by and about Barfield, including first editions; dissertations; periodicals; some audio-visual media; letters, manuscripts, and archives.
- Owen Barfield Resources
- A Chronology of Connections
- Owen Barfield photos: The collection contains approximately 150 images of Barfield, along with some family members, dating from his childhood in the early 1900s through to the 1980s.
Owen Barfield Family Collection
Special Collections Library, CA, USA.
E. J. Pratt Library of Victoria College Library, Canada:
Owen Barfield / S. T. Coleridge Collection. Includes the manuscript of Barfield’s edition of Coleridge’s Lectures 1818-1819 On the History of Philosophy
Special Collections Library: Owen Barfield / C.S. Lewis Estate Collection. Approximately 300 letters by Barfield dealing with C.S. Lewis’s literary matters, dated circa 1970 – 1980.
Other links for Barfieldian and Consciousness Studies
To include your place of teaching, please contact us.
- The Center for Action and Contemplation, Albuquerque, NM, USA
- California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA, USA
- The Institute of Noetic Sciences, Petaluma, CA, USA
- The Nature Institute, Ghent, NY, USA
- Temenos Academy, London, ENGLAND
- New View Magazine, London, ENGLAND
- Schumacher College, Devon, ENGLAND
- The Field Centre, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND
- Northwind Seminary, Romantic Theology